Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Five Guys Cheese Burger and French Fries



I have always seen this restaurant getting awards for best burger in town.  I decided to get them a try.  I was astonished by the prices that they were charging.  I walked out of Five Guys hold a cheese burger ($6.59), a medium fries($3.29), and a medium drink($1.99).  The damage was $12.50 after fees and taxes.  They don't have any combo options like every other restaurant around.  I don't mind paying a high cost when the food deserves it.  All of the toppings, except for cheese and bacon, are free.  I got my cheese burger topped with grilled onions, ketchup, mustard, and lettuce.  These grilled onions maybe touched the grill for 15 seconds.  Not what I'd call "grilled".  The patty was fresh, but not cooked well done even though it took 10 mins to cook.  The burger was greasy and hard to handle.  The fires were okay, just like any other places fries.  They did have some skin on them.  Not sure if they were trying to be healthier.  Did not have a lot of salt taste that some do have.  They were certainly not worth the price charged.  Overall I give Five Guys a DON'T BUY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment